dinsdag 20 maart 2012

My walls

This photo was made by me and it was printed on linen.
This photo is made by Steven Greaves.
It's called "Fallen Angel".
A legionnaire from the French Foreign Legion's 2REP sits in an armored personnel
carrier en route to an operation near Badpash Kusa Kala, Afghanistan.

This is a print from the Mauermuseum in Berlin.
The original photo was made by Peter Leibing.
 The soldier is Hans Conrad Schumann.
He was one of the first defectors, just before the Berlin wall was build.

Perhaps you think it's strange to have photo's of soldiers on your wall.
Besides the fact I love those photos it helps me to remember........
Freedom doesn't come naturally!

A limited-edition letterpress print by Emprint.
It's a Robert Frost poem and I bought this in her Etsy shop.
Next to it you can see a photo of my grandfather.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten