maandag 4 maart 2013

Our Tap

About a week ago I was skyping with my brother.
I told him something he laughed about.
I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you............


but out kitchen tap is broken for almost 18 months now !

The strange thing is you get used to it.
Whether I am in need of cold or warm water, I just replace the porcelain handle :-)

In the seven years we have been living here, we have repaired this tap several times.
These taps are made in England and (besides not my cup of tea) they are incredibly expensive.
Even the spare parts.
Besides the fact we have this mechanical problem, we also have a boiler that's way too far away.
After 10 minutes of running water, the water will finally get hot!
So our current idea is to install a quooker.
This kind of tap can provide cooking hot water straight away.
We can throw away our old kettle and it can provide some tea water straight away
but it's rather expensive. To be continued...........

3 opmerkingen:

  1. The fact that during those 18 months every working part of your house has been moved, replaced or painted over six times makes it even funnier :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Big smile :-)
    That's just wishful thinking to me!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I always visit your blog and retrieve everything you post here but I never commented but today when I saw Shower Heads

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen