vrijdag 8 september 2017

Game of Thrones

I'm sorry for my absence at the blog. I've been busy starting a new job.


Sometimes we are witnessing and involved in a struggle for power...
at work or even at home. Male Mats (on the right) is so much bigger
and much more muscled than female Nim (on the left).
Regularly we just have to interfere to protect Nim.


A couple of months ago we bought this new piece of art by Faan Olgers.
 The artist used reclaimed wood for the tower that can be dismantled.
Because of the round base you need the drawer (on the right) to balance.
We saw this piece 5 years ago when we picked up a table at the sellers home.
We both really liked this piece but the asking price was way too much!

Five years later I came across the same piece again, for sale on the internet.
 After a bold proposition, we visited the seller in his new and much
smaller home and agreed on 1/3 of the original price (haha!)


It's somehow a symbolic piece.
For quite some time I've been battling and now I "tore down the tower" (big smile)

A nice weekend to you all!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten